Saturday, June 10, 2006

My New 7'' Chef Knife


This here is my new Arcos chef's knife, which I got for absolutely free, winning an online quiz. Never thought you win anything online, did you ?
I picked it up from the store Thursday evening, and procedded to cut the salads for dinner with it. I learned 2 things -
It cuts through tomatoes like hot butter
I have no idea how to use a chef knife.

And so begins my journey, to dream the impossible dream (um, wrong quote, sorry), my journey - to learn how to use one of these beauties without losing a finger (or two).
A quick online search turned out this link, demostrating a few basic cutting techniques. Now I'm looking for something more knife-centric: how to hold the knife, where should pressure be applied, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home